The Bureau of Health Care Practitioner Regulation consists of seven board offices that work with the 22 regulatory boards and four councils, implementing rules into policy and advising on budget matters. Applications for licensure are reviewed, disciplinary hearings are conducted, and rules are promulgated in partnership with the boards and councils.
The following seven board offices support the boards and councils through administrative duties:
- Acupuncture, Osteopathic Medicine, Midwifery, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and Massage Therapy;
- Medicine, Physician Assistants, Anesthesiologist Assistants, Office Surgery Registration, and Pain Management Clinics;
- Electrolysis, Physical Therapy, Dietetics and Nutrition, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Care, Psychology, and School Psychology;
- Pharmacy; Emergency Medical Technicians, Paramedics, and Radiologic Technologists;
- Nursing and Certified Nursing Assistants;
- Chiropractic Medicine, Optometry, Podiatric Medicine, Clinical Laboratory Personnel, Orthotists and Prosthetists, Nursing Home Administrators and Medical Physicists;
- Certified Master Social Workers, Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling, Dentistry and Dental Laboratories, Opticianry, Hearing Aid Specialists, and Athletic Trainers.