Special Testing Accommodations
Special Testing Accommodations provided by the department may be found under rule 64B-1.005, Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.). You must know and comply with the rules as they pertain to your request. For updated information on the F.A.C. refer to the following website: www.flrules.org.
All applications and any supplemental documentation must be mailed to:
Department of Health
Division of Medical Quality Assurance
ATTENTION: ADA Accommodations
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin # C-91
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3250
The Department provides special testing accommodations for four circumstances:
Candidates with physical, mental, or specific learning disabilities to the extent permitted by cost, administration restraints, security considerations and availability of resources. Accommodations made will vary depending upon the nature and the severity of the impairment.
This application has two parts. Part I is to be completed by the candidate seeking special accommodations in accordance with the ADA. Part II is to be completed by a qualified health care practitioner.
- PART I – Application instructions to be completed by the candidate requesting special testing accommodations
- Personal Statement
- Any additional supplemental documentation
- PART II – Application instructions to be completed by a Florida licensed health care practitioner requesting special testing accommodations
- Supporting Documentation from a qualified health care practitioner
Only previously accommodated candidates seeking special testing accommodation for an ADA disability should complete this application.
- If a complete and approved Part II of the Application for Candidates Requesting Special Testing Accommodations in Accordance with the ADA is on file and no changes have occurred in your disability, you do not need to re-file Part II of the application.
- Reapplication for candidates requesting special testing accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act
Candidates seeking accommodation due to religious conflicts should complete this application.
- Application and
- A letter from the priest, rabbi or cleric of the church or religious group of which you are a member is required, confirming that you are a current member. The letter should explain what the religious conflict is.
Candidates seeking an English translation dictionary as an accommodation due to English as a second language should complete this application.
*English translation dictionaries accommodation is only available for the Electrology & Mental Health Counselor exams.*
- Application and
- A letter from a state university, Language Department, stating your native language and that you need assistance from a translation dictionary. The letter must be on university letterhead from a professor that teaches your native language.